About Us: FarmTrace is an agri-tech startup that builds industry-leading software that connects to farm systems and manages agricultural systems. It is a fast-growing B2B platform company with data science operations in the agriculture and food industry. Led by a Dutch founder, with offices in the US, Amsterdam, and Boxmeer, FarmTrace brings farm and food information to its customers’ fingertips, providing transparency in key parts of the food value chain. Its groundbreaking digital architecture helps bridge cooperation between farmers, veterinarians, farm suppliers, and food processors.
Contribution to the organization
As Data Engineer, your focus is on the gathering, processing, and storing of data which is critical to the success of all FarmTrace customers. With your automation-first mindset, you focus on automating manual steps and streamlining the overall process of data gathering and processing. You use the latest techniques and have a drive for continuous learning and improvement in tools, techniques, and processes.
- Drive for data quality, scalable data-flow, and machine learning applications, and help direct colleagues implementing such applications with industry coding best practices.
- Design, implement, and maintain scalable data pipelines
- Develop routines to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality
- Collaborate with domain experts, analysts, and backend engineers to solve data challenges
- Apply data modeling techniques and contribute to a robust data platform
- Master both technical skills and business sense to become an analytical multiplier within the company
- Be pragmatic while delivering high-quality implementations
The Ideal Candidate
- Prior experience as an engineering manager or similar role.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Experience with Python or other programming languages
- An understanding of data warehousing concepts and design patterns
- You’re a great communicator who can explain and present technical topics to a varied audience
- Fluent in written and spoken English
What We Offer
- A valued position in a fast growing international startup.
- Flexible working hours and own choice for remote or office work
- Opportunities for growth within the company
- An ambitious and friendly team open to support and help where necessary
Apply for this job