LOCATION: Nijmegen, Netherlands / Remote during Covid
Digitization of the agricultural sector is accelerating. Besides providers of food, livestock is an increasingly big producer of data. Integration with automated systems like milking robots, test laboratories, registration of movements of animals and their complete life cycle, medicine usage, and real-time health and location measurements to maximize production, produces and requires large amounts of data. With this data, the sector can increase animal welfare as well as create a multitude of insights for farm suppliers, food processors, retailers, and consumers.
FarmTrace/VSM is a key player in this sector. We collect and combine data from various sources and supply our customers with tools to support their businesses.
We use a variety of tools and languages. Currently, all our apps are being written in a client-server architecture with modern .Net technologies. We use C# for our various API’s and Angular Typescript for the frontends which are mainly Progressive Web Apps, all built on top of an Azure platform.
- Build applications in close collaboration with the FarmTrace and VSM product teams
- Work on various layers of the stack, primarily in C# and typescript
- Collaborate with other developers and internal stakeholders to create reliable products and solve customer needs
- 5 years+ experience as a full stack developer
- Fluency in a variety of programming languages and frameworks, including C# based API’s, and Angular Typescript for frontend progressive web apps
- A results-oriented mindset and a meticulous approach to thorough testing
- An ability to communicate with our clients without them feeling they are being spoken to in a foreign language is a big plus.
- Knowledge of modern development methodologies is a must. Robust working knowledge of Git, Jira, or similar tools.
NICE TO HAVE
- Fluency in Dutch as well as English
- Education in computer science
- Knowledge and experience with Azure
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary on a 12-month contract
- Opportunity to grow within our rapidly scaling company.
Application deadline: July 1, 2021