About Us: FarmTrace is an agri-tech startup that builds industry-leading software that connects to farm systems and manages agricultural systems. It is a fast-growing B2B platform company with data science operations in the agriculture and food industry. Led by a Dutch founder, with offices in the US, Amsterdam, and Boxmeer, FarmTrace brings farm and food information to its customers’ fingertips, providing transparency in key parts of the food value chain. Its groundbreaking digital architecture helps bridge cooperation between farmers, veterinarians, farm suppliers, and food processors.
Contribution to the organization
As a QA Engineer, you will work in a cross-functional development team to assure we deliver a high quality product to our customers. This means setting quality standards, developing test plans and test automation, analyzing defects and coaching team members on built-in quality. You have an automation-first mindset, but also see the value of manual and exploratory testing. You care about the non-functional requirements for our platform, such as scalability and security.
- Design and implement tests for complex new features and bug fixes independently and make test results visible to team and stakeholders.
- Plan test preparation, creation and execution for new features or functions or to improve test coverage.
- Analysis, reproduction and reporting of defects found according to set quality reporting standards.
- Ensure code is written in a clean way that conforms with the rules created by the team.
- Keep up to date with the technology that the team is working. And be able to translate these new tech innovations to the project(s)
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor or Master’s degree of Computer Science, or related technical degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience as a QA engineer, preferably working in a cloud environment
- Experience writing test automation frameworks, e.g. in Python, C# or other programming language
- A results-oriented mindset and a meticulous approach to thorough testing
- Working knowledge of Git, Azure DevOps, or similar tools.
- Proficient verbal and written English language skills.
What We Offer
- A valued position in a fast growing international startup.
- Flexible working hours and own choice for remote or office work
- Opportunities for growth within the company
- An ambitious and friendly team open to support and help where necessary
Apply for this job