About Us: FarmTrace is an agri-tech startup that builds industry-leading software that connects to farm systems and manages agricultural systems. It is a fast-growing B2B platform company with data science operations in the agriculture and food industry. Led by a Dutch founder, with offices in the US, Amsterdam, and Boxmeer, FarmTrace brings farm and food information to its customers’ fingertips, providing transparency in key parts of the food value chain. Its groundbreaking digital architecture helps bridge cooperation between farmers, veterinarians, farm suppliers, and food processors.
Contribution to the organization
As a Software Engineer, you will work in a cross-functional development team on features and functionality of the FarmTrace data platform which runs in Azure. We use modern .Net technologies, with C# for our backend and Angular Typescript for the frontends which are mainly Progressive Web Apps. You will work with your team members to take full ownership of the product that you build from design to deployment. You have an automation-first mindset and help to drive continuous improvement.
- Design, implement and test for new features and bug fixes primarily in C# and typescript.
- Maintain code quality by participating in peer-reviews, test automation and solid design.
- Keep up to date with the new technology and recommends changes that can be positive to the overall of the project.
- Challenge the status-quo and be innovative to build a better product and a better customer experience.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor or master’s degree of Computer Science, or related technical degree or equivalent experience
- Previous experience as a software engineer in a cloud environment
- Previous experience with Data Engineering and Data Pipelines (e.g. Databricks)
- A results-oriented mindset and a meticulous approach to thorough testing
- Knowledge of modern development methodologies is a must. Robust working knowledge of Git, Azure DevOps, or similar tools.
- Proficient verbal and written English language skills.
What We Offer
- A valued position in a fast growing international startup.
- Flexible working hours and own choice for remote or office work
- Opportunities for growth within the company
- An ambitious and friendly team open to support and help where necessary
Apply for this job