About Us: FarmTrace is an agri-tech startup that builds industry-leading software that connects to farm systems and manages agricultural systems. It is a fast-growing B2B platform company with data science operations in the agriculture and food industry. Led by a Dutch founder, with offices in the US, Amsterdam, and Boxmeer, FarmTrace brings farm and food information to its customers’ fingertips, providing transparency in key parts of the food value chain. Its groundbreaking digital architecture helps bridge cooperation between farmers, veterinarians, farm suppliers, and food processors.
Contribution to the organization
As a Cloud Architect, you drive the architecture for FarmTrace’s cloud native Farm Data Platform. Big data architectures, security, global scaling and Azure are well-known territory for you. You work with engineering leadership to define the cloud architecture roadmap and guide the implementation in the development teams. You work together with product management to drive both functional and non-functional requirements.
- Translate complex business problems into robust solutions
- Define and evolve the architecture for the FarmTrace data platform. Drive the architecture roadmap, implement strategies & transformation plans
- Interact and consult with developing teams to share your expert knowledge of developing cloud based solutions
- Challenging teams to maintain a healthy balance between state-of-the-art technology, security, performance, and stability.
- Bring in your expertise in technical discussion with partners, customers and standards bodies.
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ Years of relevant working experience in IT or product development, and 1+ years working as an architect.
- Knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks (TOGAF), cloud certifications will give an advantage in obtaining the role
- A proven Architectural track record, with good working knowledge of Digital, Cloud and Integration technologies
- In depth knowledge of Cloud Architecture and Design Patterns, specifically the Microsoft Azure Tech Stack.
- Understanding data governance, data handling/management, data classification is part of the necessary skillset, as well as security awareness and topics in the area of compliancy
- Experience working in an agile environment and agile delivery methods.
What We Offer
- A valued position in a fast growing international startup
- Flexible working hours and own choice for remote or office work
- Opportunities for growth within the company
- An ambitious and friendly team open to support and help where necessary
Apply for this job